Sunday, June 27, 2010

Techno Savvy




Dear Children,

I never thought I'd say... "When I was young..." but here I go. Believe it or not, when I was young we had phones attached to the wall! I burned through many a phone cords in attempt to stretch it to my room and shut the door for a little privacy... and yes I've used a rotary phone. In fact, I remember the first cordless phone my parents bought. It had horrible reception and took hours to charge! There were NO cell phones {gasp!} and if I needed to get a hold of someone while driving I had to stop and find a pay phone... I think there is one in the Smithsonian... maybe I'll show it to you one day. :)
My techno savvy kiddos... you are always on the phone (although Logan chews on it more than anything) pretending to talk and text, you can run our iPods better then we can, and you love to "surf" the web! I have a feeling it will not be long before you are teaching us a thing or two. And it makes me chuckle to look towards the future when you are telling your children about the "old days"... when the iPad is a thing of the past!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment