Wednesday, August 11, 2010

3... going on 17


My dearest Lillia-

Ever since they held that sweet little bum of yours over the surgical drape and announced that you were a little girl I have secretly prayed you would be just a little girly! I couldn't wait to put you in frilly dresses, pigtails, and tutus!

Prayers answered... you are girly to the core! That's not to say that you don't enjoy jumping in mud puddles or playing trucks with your brother... but deep down you're a princess! You wear dresses everyday... and are very methodical about which ones you will wear for certain occasions! You love crowns, necklaces, make-up, and shoes!

On this particular day I found you in the bathroom... playing "Mommy"... not sure if this is a replication of how tired I look after a long night at work or not... but you were pretty proud of yourself! I just hope the cashier in the grocery store didn't mistake it for a black eye! There will come a day (too soon I'm afraid) when you will be hogging the bathroom... stealing my make-up... and picking out prom dresses. My little girly girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment